ExactTarget recently released new research that confirms email & social media are not enemies. Their executive summary states, “The cross-over between SUBSCRIBER, FAN, and FOLLOWER is more likely than ever before. Make sure you effectively coordinate your messages across these three channels, so you consistently deliver high-quality and channel-appropriate content.”
5 Quick Facts:
1. 58% of consumers start their day with email
2. Only 11% start their day with Facebook
3. 56% of consumers aged 15-24 are twice as likely to subscribe to email of a brand as opposed to becoming a fan on Facebook
4. Social media fans have a higher retention rate than email
5. Consumers view email, Facebook, and Twitter as collaborators, not competitors.
Read the summary here.
ALSO, Register for our upcoming webinar – You’re Email Can Be More Sociable taking place on Thursday, December 9th at 1:00 PM and receive a complimentary ebook and checklist on how to tie social media to your email marketing strategy, right here in CLUB INBOX