I think we can all agree that the thought of cleaning your CRM isn’t something that immediately sparks joy – but imagine the outcome. When your CRM is full of accurate, standardized, and deduplicated data, your organization will be able to better predict sales forecasts, deliver effective marketing campaigns, and maintain meaningful customer relationships. Visualize that.
Did you imagine it? Good! You’ve already completed step #2 of the KonMari Method. Marie Kondo – inventor of the KonMari Method™, is the charming Japanese decluttering consultant who is known for her bestselling book, “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” and most recently, her Netflix series, “Tidying Up with Marie Kondo.”
The official KonMari Method consists of six rules and has completely captivated people worldwide. Why? Because it’s effective. The six rules of tidying, per Marie Kondo, are as follows:
- Commit yourself to tidying up
- Imagine your ideal life
- Finish letting go first
- Tidy by category, not location
- Follow the right order
- Ask yourself if it sparks joy
So, while we don’t need to use all six steps for this practice, let’s apply some of these steps and general principles to cleaning your CRM:
Commit yourself to tidying up
The first step to solving your problem is admitting you have one. Admit that your CRM is overridden with duplicate data, inaccurate formatting, and outdated information. Commit to becoming your company’s data quality ambassador and help your entire organization get on board. Cleaning your organization’s CRM takes dedication and effort.
Imagine your ideal life
We’ve already done this, but let’s do it again for good measure. Imagine your ideal work situation (within reason). No, you’re not on a beach. You’re still in your office. But, imagine your CRM is full of accurate, standardized information. Imagine pulling reports and knowing that you can completely rely on that data. Imagine that your sales forecasting is completely accurate – that your marketing campaigns have a 100 percent deliverability rate. Sound too good to be true? If you commit to cleaning your CRM, it doesn’t have to be.
Tidy by category, not location
This is an important step even if you’re applying this method to cleaning your CRM. Begin by deduplicating your CRM by category. You can start first with Contacts, then move on to Leads and Accounts. At this stage of the process, you also need to be sure everyone has adopted using your CRM. (Having trouble with this? Listen to our webinar for some useful tips.) If some of your teams are storing data in other places besides your CRM, it’s important to deduplicate, standardize, and overall cleanse this data, and then ensure that only accurate data is imported into your CRM and kept there.
Ask yourself if it sparks joy
Does it spark joy when you overspend on your marketing budget because your CRM is full of invalid data? When it’s impossible to get an accurate sales forecast, does that spark joy? Do you feel joy when you see web forms coming in with invalid emails? We didn’t think so.
Cleaning Your CRM is Easy with Validity Connect
Even using the best methods, cleaning your CRM is laborious when done manually. But, thankfully, even if you don’t employ automatic data cleansing methods, you can leverage Validity’s data integrity solutions to make the process faster and easier, and your results more accurate and actionable.
Validity Connect is the sure way to clean your CRM data, as well as maintain data in the future. Validity Connect for Salesforce users is comprised of four data integrity solutions (Dynamics 365 users, click here for your Validity Connect solution):
- DemandTools – The #1 global data quality tools thousands of CRM administrators trust, DemandTools helps you improve overall productivity in managing large data sets, perform multi-table mass manipulation and standardization of Salesforce objects, bolster lead conversion, and more. Just one of its modules, Single Table Dedupe, is enough to make you stand up and take notice of this ultimate CRM data cleanser. The Single Table Dedupe module can find and merge duplicate records of all types, including Accounts, Leads, and Contacts, but also Events, Assets, and even custom objects.
- BriteVerify – With real-time verification of email addresses in your database or before you import lists, you can be confident your digital campaigns are reaching your target audience. And with greater email address accuracy, you’ll protect your sender reputation and prevent misspellings from equaling missed opportunities.
- DupeBlocker – The only real-time integrated duplication blocker used by Salesforce administrators.
- PeopleImport – This solution leads the industry in preventing duplicate records when importing massive lists or trade show contacts.
Think of Validity Connect as the KonMari Method for CRM users. A stretch? We don’t think so. Validity Connect is the undisputed leader in enterprise-capable data quality and cleansing tools for CRM users. Learn what thousands of companies worldwide already know. Contact us today for more information.